Take elegance to the next level with this stunning off-shoulders cocktail dress pattern. Ensure that classy feminine look with this romantic figure hugging piece.
- off the shoulder neckline
- fitted waist
- bodycon skirt
- back slit
- side invisible zipper/clasp
How To Style And Wear Your Cocktail Dress Pattern
This is a versatile original pattern that you can sew for both day and night. Style with a denim jacket and sandals for an effortless daytime look. Or go all out for the evening and wear with some dazzling heels and statement earrings.
The off-shoulder neckline on this cocktail dress pattern is very flattering, and the fitted waist will accentuate your curves. The bodycon skirt is figure-hugging and the back slit adds a touch of sexiness. This dress is perfect for a night out on the town or a special occasion.
Kyra Evening Dress Sewing Pattern Overview
Alluring yet sophisticated-the perfect balance to this fitted cocktail dress that will catch all compliments.
The Kyra Dress Pattern is great for a medium skilled sewing enthusiast
More Of What's Inside Our PDF Pattern
- A printable PDF pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your pattern
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Different sizes you can choose from
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
Sewing Your Perfect Size Party Dress Pattern
You will adore sewing this formal dress! The instructions are straightforward and easy to follow, so you won't have any trouble putting them together. Furthermore, the end result will look amazing - it is sure to turn heads when you wear it out.
- Your evening gown sewing pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching thread
- Interlining for the facings
- 1 hidden zipper (40 cm)
- Sewing machine
- 3 cm hem
- 1 cm
medium weight woven fabric with 3-4% elasticity, bi-stretch
How much fabric do you need for your diy coctkail dress pattern?
Material width determines the amount of fabric you need. Accordingly, all sizes are based on the useful fabric width of 140-150cm, so make sure to check the table below to determine what size and how much fabric are needed. Fabric with a different width or pattern (think stripes, plaids, etc) will require adjusting the placement of the pieces to fit.
Check your contraction!
Make sure the fabric has contracted before cutting. In order to ensure that the finished garment does not shrink during the laundry process, steam the cloth at its maximum temperature. It is a good idea to purchase 5% more than you need if you want to ensure that you will not run out of supplies.
How To Sew It
Sewing A Cocktail Dress Pattern - Instructions
- Sew the darts to the front and back pieces and iron them facing the center
- Overlock the sides and the center backs
- sew the center back from the top to the notch of the slit and iron the seam open
- sew the slit
- sew the left side of the dress from the zipper notch-down and iron
- apply the hidden zipper on the left side
- prepare the facing pieces - apply interlining on them and overlock on the outer edge
- the facing pieces are sewn on the bust from top to zipper. Cut narrow the seam allowance and bend inwards
- take the pieces of the ruffle front and back and place them properly on either side of the bust at the top and sew (good side of top ruffle on bad side of the dress with the good side of the bottom ruffle)
- the seam is ironed and cut 0.5 mm of the seam allowance
- Roll the part of the dress inside of the ruffles and sew the front and back parts of the ruffle at the bottom. Iron the seam and turn the construction inside out.
- the ruffle ends are overlocked
- sew the right side of the dress, putting the ruffle in the seam, and iron
- sew the hem 3 cm inwards with a hidden seam
I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I did. The Elaine Mini Dress Sewing Pattern was a labor of love, and I'm grateful to have worked with you on it.
Follow along with my step-by-step video instruction to make this formal wear dress. Watch the entire film so you can have an overall view of the project. Then, using your materials and following along with the video as I sew, pause frequently to mirror my actions.
Let's celebrate making, individual style, and creative women with stylish sewing patterns
If you've ever wished you could add a personal touch to your wardrobe, then our sewing patterns are for you. We have an extensive range of designs that will be perfect for any look you're going for.. And with easy instructions on how to follow them, you'll be able to sew them in no time at all; there isn't anything holding YOU back from starting today!
Free Sewing Pattern Available
We want you to be content with your buys from us. That's why we provide a free pattern for an off-the shoulder top and a tiered skirt. By using our free patterns, you can see if our patterns will work well for you before making a purchase. Both come with a hany video sewing tutorial, for easy sewing.
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message