Feminine, versatile, classy yet modern, this irresistible romantic midi dress pattern is 100% stylish. Very floaty, this piece gently sways and swings as you move. Sew your own piece and you'll look absolutely perfect wearing it!
Anca Midi Dress Sewing Pattern Overview
The ethereal beauty of a billowing dress is undeniable. The flowing lines of a wrap dress are always graceful and elegant. And when you add an eclectic feminine flair to the mix, you have a truly unique look that is sure to cause a stir. There are endless ways to express your individual style. And when you opt for a fabric with an interesting print or design, you can be sure that you'll stand out from the crowd in the best way possible.
The Anca knee length dress pattern is great for a medium skilled sewing enthusiast
More Of What's Inside Our PDF Sewing Pattern
- A printable PDF pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your pattern
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Your choice of size (2-14 US / 34-46 EU)
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
Sewing Your Perfect Size Midi Dress Pattern
In this step-by-step guide, we'll show you how to sew and make something that's uniquely you.
Today is the day to cut out your new favorite perfect dress. Let's get on with it!
- Your sewing pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching sewing thread
- Interlining for facings and cuffs
- 2 buttons
- Sewing machine
- 1.5 cm hem
- 1 cm seams
a thin woven fabric like veil, silk, polyester, mixtures suitable for dresses
How much fabric do you need for your DIY midi dress pattern?
In general, fabrics with widths between 140 and 150 cm are considered to meet the fabric requirements below. In some cases, pattern placement may need to be adjusted for fabrics of different widths and prints (striped, plaid, etc.). Plan ahead and buy enough fabric to avoid last-minute shopping trips.
Check your contraction!
The first step in preparing your fabric for cutting is to wash it. In addition to pre shrinkage, any excess color will be removed by doing this. After sewing, your garment remains true to size and won't shrink once washed
How To Sew It
How To Make Your Dress - Sewing Instructions
- Apply interlining on the front and back facings, and re-cut
- Place the front facings over the back facing, on the shoulder line, good sides together, sew and iron the seam open. Overlock the exterior side of the facings
- Sew the bust darts and iron them
- Place the chest over the back, face to face and sew on the shoulder line. Overlock the seam allowance together and iron.
- Place the facing over the neckline and sew. Iron the seam orienting the seam allowance towards the facing and sew a topstitch at 1-2mm from the edge, including the facing and the seam allowance in the seam
- Iron and bend the facing inwards, stitch the ends with the faces
- Place the right chest over the left chest, at the waist, matching the notch in the middle of the face to the 2 sides of the face and topstitch at 0.5 cm
- Overlock the sides of the chest and back at both the bodice and the skirt.
- Sew the sides of the bodice by placing the chest over the back, good sides together, and iron the seams open
- Sew the sides of the skirt by placing the faces over the back, good sides together and iron the seams.
- Overlock the hem of the skirt and also the slits
- Sew the hem on the skirt as well as on the slits
- Overlap the 2 parts of the front of the skirt matching the notches and topstitch at 0.5 cm
- Place the bodice over the skirt, face to face, matching the notches and sew the waist seam
- Overlock the seam allowance and iron
- Cut the elastic to the right size and sew it to the ends. Apply it on the waist, on the seam allowance
- Apply interlining on the 2 cuffs and re-cut according to the pattern
- Bend halfway along the cuff and iron. The seam allowance at the top of the cuffs, which will come inside, is bent and ironed inwards 1 cm. Sew the edges of the cuffs, good sides together. Cut the seam allowance narrow and the corners oblique. Turn the cuffs and iron
- The sleeve slits are cut according to the pattern. The edges of the slit are opened to form a straight line and the preformed bias is applied.
- The side seam of the sleeves are sewn, the seam allowance is overlocked and ironed
- Gather the sleeves at the bottom so that the sleeve fits perfectly into the cuff
- Sew the cuffs to the sleeves
- The sleeves are sewn in the armhole, taking care to match the notches on the sleeve with those on the armhole. Overlock and iron the seam.
- Fold the cord in half lengthwise facing inward, sew lengthwise and one end of the cord. Cut the reserves narrowly and turn the cord over. Iron the cord, turn the seam allowance from the free end inwards and stitch it. Iron
And that's a wrap! I am grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with you on the Anca Dress Pattern. Hope you enjoyed it. This pattern brought me great joy to design, and I hope the same joy comes with sewing it for you! I want to see your take on it! Show me what you used and how you styled it. I love seeing what everyone is creating!
Video Sewing Tutorial
Following along with this dress tutorial is easy. It will be easier for you to learn how to make it once you have a visual representation of the process. To see every step clearly, stop and rewind the video whenever necessary. It won't take you long to complete your project once you are ready, and you will be pleased with the results
In the DIY Mood? We Are Here to Cover All Your Sewing Needs
Creating your own style with sewing is a wonderful way to express your individuality. Custom clothing can look just as upscale as high-end shopping boutique clothes if you use professional sewing patterns.
Designed to alleviate your worries about technical details, Georgette's Patterns will help you complete your upcoming projects quickly and easily. Measuring and planning are often required when sewing. They can take the guesswork out of construction, ensuring that each piece is cut to the right size and shape. Their guidance also provides a sense of direction and structure for putting the garment together.
Sewing patterns are essential tools for anyone who values efficiency and simplicity. Take a look at our collection today and discover how easy it is to make your own!
Try Out Before You Buy. A Free Sewing Pattern For You
We want you to be confident in your purchase from us. That's why we offer an off-shoulder top free pattern and a tiered skirt free sewing pattern. With our free pattern, you can make sure that our patterns are the right fit for you before you commit to a purchase.
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message