A swingy and sweet handkerchief dress pattern with ruffles layers cascading down the hem of the skirt that bring compliment-worthy style to a flowy minidress framed by a v neckline and open back.
- Mini Length
- Open Back
- V neckline
- 3 layered Ruffles
- Featuring handkerchief skirt
- Hidden zipper
How To Style And Wear Your Summer Dress
This year's must-have vacation dress, the perfect pick for everything from exploring new cities to soaking up the sun. Dress it up with a straw hat and sandals or keep it casual with sneakers and a denim jacket.
Handkerchief Dress Sewing Pattern Overview
Flouncy and chic, this lightweight summer mini dress will easily make its way to the top of the list, of your all-time favorite linen items. It's so easy to wear and needless to say, so comfortable.
A medium skill level is required to sew this handkerchief hem dress pattern
Inside: A Quick Outline Of Contents
- A printable PDF sewing pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your pattern
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Different sizes you can choose from
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
Making Your Perfect Size Hanky Dress Pattern
This easy-to-follow guide will show you how to sew a sundress, and by the time you're done, you'll have an amazing new piece for your wardrobe.
Now for the fun part!
- Your sewing pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching thread
- 1 cm reinforcement tape for the neckline and armhole (2,5 m)
- 1 hidden zipper 18cm
- fabric for lining (viscose, recommended)
- Sewing machine
- 1 cm seam
lightweight woven fabrics such as cotton, viscose, linenm, silk, tulle etc
How much fabric do you need for your diy dress?
The table below provides the fabric requirements for various sizes, but it is important to keep in mind that these calculations apply to fabrics with a width of 140-150 cm. Using fabrics with different widths and designs (striped, plaid, etc.) requires you to re-position the patterns so they fit your available width. By taking the time to plan ahead, you can be sure that you have enough fabric to complete your project, and avoid any last-minute trips to the store.
Check your contraction!
It is recommended that you wash your fabric before cutting it. This will preshrink the fabric, and remove any excess coloring. By doing so, you ensure your garment stays true to size after being sewn.
How To Sew It
Sewing A Hanky Hem Dress Pattern - Instructions
- Take the pieces of the lining (front and back) and iron reinforcing thread on the line of the armhole, the neckline, and the top of the front and back yoke, taking care not to deform or lengthen them
- Sew the bust darts on the main fabric and on the lining and iron them
- See the side seams and the shoulders seams and iron the seams open
- Proceed the same with the lining
- Sew the armhole by placing the bust over the bust lining, face to face, and sew the circle. Trim carefully the seam allowance and turn over the bust. Iron the armholes
- Sew a topstitch on the neckline at 0.5 cm from the edge, catching both the lining and the main fabric in the seam.
- Create the back cords and sew them on top of the lining, at the second notch, at 0.5 cm from the edge
- Take the neckline ruffle and put the good side of the ruffle with the good side of the lining and sew at 1 cm. Trim the seam allowance. Turn over the ruffle to the front and topstitch at 0.5 cm from the edge.
- Overlap the bust, right over left, matching the notches in the center and sew them at 0.5 cm
- Sew the side seams of the front and back yoke and iron the seams open
- Proceed the same with the yoke lining
- Place the bust between the yoke and the yoke lining taking care to meet the notches and sew at 1cm. iron the seam
- Topstitch the bottom of the yoke with the yoke lining at 0.5 cm. overlock the center back of the yoke and iron
- Take the big ruffle and sew the center back from the notch to the bottom. Iron the seam open
- Proceed the same with the other 2 ruffles
- Sew the top of the 3 ruffles together at 0.5 cm from the edge
- Sew the top of the ruffles with the bottom of the yoke, taking care to meet the notches. Overlock and iron the seam
- Create the 2 waistbands. Place them on the of the yoke center back
- Sew the zipper on the center back seam. Topstitch at 0.5 around the zipper
You've got it! I enjoyed working with you on the Vacy handkerchief style dress pattern. I hope it was a great experience for you. I am looking forward to your results! My hope is that you enjoyed sewing this pattern as much as I enjoyed designing it!
Sew Along Video Tutorial
You can follow along with this sewing pattern tutorial at your own pace if you prefer. Being able to see everything assembled will give you a much better understanding of the process. And if you need to pause or rewind, no problem - you can do that as many times as you need to until you've mastered every step. That way, when you're ready to start your project, it'll be a breeze and the finished product will be top-notch.
Becoming A Great Sewist Is Within Your Reach. Experiment
Anyone can learn to sew with the right tools and a little bit of practice. Sewing is a great way to express your creativity and make unique clothing. Best of all, sewing is a relaxing and therapeutic activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
If you're wondering how to get started, our sewing patterns for women are the perfect place to start. Our patterns come with step-by-step instructions that walk you through the entire process. With a little patience and some practice, you'll be surprised at what you can create. So go ahead and give it a try - becoming a great sewist is within your reach! Experiment with exclusive offers within our shop.
Free sewing project available for download
We've made an off-shoulder top pattern and a tiered skirt pattern for you to try out our patterns for free. Make your wardrobe more stylish with these free pattern. There will be no regrets in making this choice.
Have fun sewing!
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message