A charming, billowy puff-sleeved cropped top that sits off the shoulders. A true charmer puff sleeve crop top sewing pattern design that bares plenty of midriff.
- strapless neckline
- long puff sleeves
- cropped style
- playful ruffles
How To Style And Wear Your Cropped Top Pattern
Wear this top with high-waisted trousers or a denim skirt for an everyday look.
Dress it up by pairing it with a pleated midi skirt and some heels.
This top would also look great with a pair of wide leg pants.
Jolie Puff Sleeve Crop Top Sewing Pattern Overview
Simple and beginner-friendly sew project. Lightweight fabric shapes this sweet crop top with an elasticized, strapless neckline, a elastic tiered ruffled bodice and long puff sleeves with flared elasticated cuff. Showcase the cropped waist with high-rise pants as you head out to beachfront dinner. No one will believe you made this yourself!
Jolie Sewing Pattern is perfect for anyone who wants an easy sew. It's great for beginners.
More Of What's Inside Our Pattern
- A printable PDF sewing pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your pattern
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- A vast selection of sizes to choose from, for your every desire, ranging from 2-14 (US) / 34-46 (EU)
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
Sewing Your Perfect Size Cropped top Pattern
Elevate your warm-weather wardrobe with this chic crop top that comes with easy-to-follow instructions that will guide you through sewing a shirt pattern
Now it's time to have some fun!
- Your puffed sleeve sewing pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching thread
- Elastic 0.8 cm wide for sleeves and hem
- Elastic 3 cm wide for shoulders
- Sewing machine
- 1 cm seams
- 1.4 cm hem (double turned hem)
light weight woven fabrics, such as silk, viscose, chiffon, cotton
How much fabric do you need for your DIY top?
The table below outlines the required fabric amount for each size, taking into consideration that it is ideal for materials with a width of 140-150 cm. For fabrics with a unique width or pattern (stripes, plaids, etc.), you will need to adjust the patterns on the width of the fabrics accordingly.
Check your contraction!
Check if the material you're going to cut has contractions before starting. It's a good idea to iron the cloth before cutting it in order to shrink it, otherwise you risk having a product that doesn't fit the intended size after sewing.
How To Sew It
Sewing A Puff Sleeve Crop Top Sewing Pattern - Instructions
- sew the ruffle pieces on the side. Overlock the seam and iron
- sew the ruffle hem with a double turned hem (0.7 cm)
- sew the sides of the bust to both the base fabric and the lining. Iron the seams
- join the bust with the lining at the bottom through a seam, good sides together. The seam is ironed.
- Create a 1.5 cm channel for the elastic, measuring 1.5 cm from the hem of the blouse and sew by catching both the base fabric and the lining. Leave 3 cm free to insert the elastic
- Insert the elastic into the hem, sew the elastic at the ends and close the channel seam
- Sew the bust in the arm hole area, catching both the base fabric and the lining
- Prepare the sleeves, make a double turned hem (0.7cm)
- Sew the elastic on the sleeve between the two notches in the wrist area
- Sew the side seam of the sleeve, overlock and iron
- Sew the sleeve in the armhole, overlock the seam and iron
- Mount the ruffle to the bust , good sides together with the lining, taking care to match the notches. The seam is ironed
- Turn the ruffle on its front and sew an all around stitch at 3 cm
- From the gripping seam, another 3.5 cm is measured and another all around seam is sewn, leaving 4 cm free to insert the elastic.
- Insert the elastic and sew at the ends. Close the seam
- Iron the blouse
Done! Good job! You completed this wide sleeve top pattern and strengthened your sewing skills. Now you can handle harder sewing projects.
With this easy-to-follow sewing video tutorial, you can learn at your own pace. The step-by-step video will show you how to put the pieces together and how it's done - so that you can replicate it with confidence. Plus, if you need clarification on any part of the pattern, no problem! You can pause and rewind the video as much as needed until everything makes sense for you. That way, when you go to complete your project, you'll be able to do so quickly...and with knockout results.
Design unique clothes with stylish sewing patterns
Here at Georgette Patterns, we make your sewing projects our number one priority. We design patterns that are professional and easy to follow so you can spend less time worrying about the technical details and more time enjoying the creative process!
A Free Sewing Pattern for Download
We designed this off-the-shoulder blouse pattern and free skirt pattern with you specifically in mind. They're easy to use so that you can get a feel for our style, plus they come with a sewing tutorial to make things even easier. Give us a try!
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message