Achieve an effortless look with our mini zip up long sleeve dress pattern. Perfect for a casual look, this unique and versatile dress pattern features a gathered waist, long sleeves and large pockets to make sure you can store all your most valuable items. Just throw on some boots and start your day!
- front zip closure
- long sleeves
- mini length
Atena Long Sleeve Dress Sewing Pattern Overview
With its blend of sporty and casual-chic influences, this mini dress features an exposed zipper that runs from neck to hem and adds edgy style to your outfit.
The Atena urban mini dress pattern is is great for an medium skilled sewing enthusiast
More Of What's Inside Our Dress Pattern
- A printable PDF pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Different sizes you can choose from
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
Sewing Your Perfect Size Dress
Let's get started! This is going to be easy once you follow the instructions we've included with our pattern.
- Your PDF pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching thread
- 1 detachable zipper 70-75 cm long
- Elastic waist 4 cm wide
- Interlining for facings, collar, cuffs, flaps
- 2/4 snaps/buttons for cuffs
- Sewing machine
- 2.5 cm double turn hem
- 1 cm seams
When it comes to choosing the right fabric for your mini dress, you can't go wrong with a medium weight woven fabric like denim or cotton twill. These fabrics are strong and durable, which means they'll hold up well to wear and tear. But they're also soft and comfortable, so you won't have to sacrifice style for comfort. In addition, these fabrics are easy to care for, so you can keep your mini dress looking great wash after wash. So if you're looking for a fabric that's both stylish and practical, medium-weight woven fabrics are the way to go.
How much fabric do you need for your diy skirt?
The amount of fabric required depends on the material width. According to the following table, a useful fabric width of 140-150 cm corresponds to the required size and amount of fabric for each size. Using fabrics of a different width and design (striped, plaid, etc.) will require you to re-arrange the patterns so they fit your available width
Check your contraction!
Choosing the right fabric is crucial if you're making your own clothes. The fit and appearance of a garment can vary depending on the properties of the fabric. By checking the fabric's contraction before sewing, you will be able to prevent any troubling fitting issues later on.
Ironing your fabric at its highest temperature recommendation will ensure that you get rid of any wrinkles or imperfections in the material. During this process you will ensure that the finished garment will fit the way it was sewn and that it won't shrink after washing.
How To Sew It
Sewing A Mini Urban Dress Pattern - Instructions
- Overlock the flaps, cuffs, collars and facings
- Sew the flaps, good sides together, turn them over, iron and sew a topstitch at 0.5 cm
- Sew the cuffs, good sides together, turn them over, iron and sew a topstitch at 0.5 cm
- Sew the collar, good sides together, turn it over and topstitch at 0.5 cm. Topstitch at 0.5 cm the edges of the collar that enters the neckline
- Sew the flaps on the 2 front bodices according to the markings on the pattern
- Fold the 2 folds at the back bodice and sew them at 0.5 cm
- Sew the back with the yoke, good sides together, overlock the seam allowance and topstitch on the good side at 0.5 cm
- Sew the shoulders, overlock the seam, iron the seam allowance and catch them in a topstitch at 0.5 cm
- Sew the side seams of the front bodice, overlock the seam allowance and iron the seam
- Apply the slit to the sleeves, execute the side seam of the sleeves, overlock and iron the seam and sew the cuffs with the sleeve
- Sew the button holes on the cuffs and the buttons
- Sew the sleeves in the armhole, taking care to match the notches, overlock the seam allowance and iron the seam
- Prepare the pockets on the front of the skirt
- On the skirt front pocket opening apply a reinforcement tape, so that it does not stretch. Place the pocket bag over the pocket opening, good sides together, and sew at 1 cm. Turn the pocket over, iron the seam and topstitch at 0.5 cm. Secure the bag with a topstitch at 0.5 cm the top of the final pocket and the side
- Prepare the back pockets, apply them on the back of the skirt according to the markings on the pattern
- Sew the center back skirt seam, overlock and iron the seam and sew a topstitch at 0.5 cm
- Sew the side seams of the skirt, overlock the seam and iron
- Sew the bodice with the waistband, placing the bodice between the 2 parts of the waistband. Iron the seam open
- Sew at 0.5 cm the 2 parts of the waistband at the bottom
That's it! Well done! Your sewing pattern has been turned into a stylish fashion item
Embrace sewing and discover its limitless possibilities.
Sewing is a lost art that is making a comeback in recent years. More and more people are discovering the many benefits of sewing, from the satisfaction of creating something yourself to the ability to save money by making your own clothes.
You can find some of the most stylish and modern patterns in our shop. If you're looking for a new sewing project, we've got what it takes!
Download a free pattern
To find out if our styles are right for you, try our off shoulder top free sewing pattern. Due to the pattern's ability to be easily adapted to suit a wide variety of body types and styles, it is ideal for all body types. It can be worn for any occasion, whether casual or formal. Furthermore, our patterns are easy to follow and ensure a professional result. We also designed a free pattern for a tiered skirt, for a matching outfit. They both come with a sewing tutorial, to make sewing easier.
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message