Look dazzling sewing and wearing this high low dress sewing pattern, designed in a deeply flattering wrap silhouette and finished with a ruffle-trimmed high-low hem. Whether you're hosting or attending, make any gathering extra special with a little help from our long dress pattern
- v neckline
- wrap style
- maxi dress length
- adjustable waist tie that loops through and tie around the waist
Sia High Low Dress Sewing Pattern Overview
There's something simply mesmerizing about this dress sewing pattern. Perhaps it's the ruffle-trimmed high-low hem, or the deeply flattering wrap silhouette. Whatever the reason, this is a gown that is sure to cause a sensation everywhere you go.
The Sia Dress pattern is great for a medium skilled sewing enthusiast
More Of What's Inside Our Pattern
- A printable PDF sewing pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your pattern
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Different sizes you can choose from
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
Sewing Your Perfect Size Pattern
By the end of this sewing guide, you will have a magnetic new dress to add to your wardrobe, thanks to easy-to-follow instructions and clear illustrations.
It's time to have some fun!
- Your sewing pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching thread
- elastic 1 cm wide
- Sewing machine
- 0 cm hem
- 1 cm for the rest of the seams
an elastic lightweight or medium weight woven fabric, such as elastic velvet, thick lycra, Lame, etc
How much fabric do you need for your DIY high low dress pattern?
In the following, we describe fabric requirements for each size. We calculate these measurements using fabric widths of 140-150 cm. When using fabrics with different widths and designs (striped, plaid, etc. ), pattern placement may need to be reworked. Make sure you buy enough fabric for your project in advance so you don't have to make a last-minute trip to the store.
Check your contraction!
Fabric must be washed before it can be cut. Taking this approach will preshrink the fabric and wash away any excess coloring. The garment will therefore remain true to size once it has been sewed and won't shrink after the initial wash
How To Sew It
Sewing A Dress - Instructions
- Sew the shoulders, by placing the front bodice pieces over the back bodice piece, good sides together. Overlock and iron the seam
- Overlock the sides of the bodice pieces separately. Sew the side seams and make sure that on the right side at the waist to leave free 4 cm, for the cord channel. Iron the seam open
- Sew the side seam of the sleeves(piece 3), iron and overlock the seam
- Sew the sleeves in the armholes, taking care to meet the notces. Overlock and iron the sleeves
- Apply interlining on the facings (pieces 1 and 5) and re-created according to the pattern. Sew them together on the side and iron the seam. Overlock the outer edge of the final facing
- Sew the facing on the neckline, taking care to meet the notches. Topstitch at 0.5 cm on the facing, catching the seam allowance in the seam. Iron
- Sew the side seams of the skirt (pieces 7 and 8). Overlock and iron the seam
- Sew the 2 ruffles together (piece 9). Overlock and iron the seam. Depending on the fabric, sew the hem at the seger
- Apply the ruffle on the bottom of the skirt. Overlock and iron the seam
- Sew the skirt with the bodice, good sides together, taking care to meet the notches. Overlock and iron the seam
- Sew the elastic on the waist seam
- Sew the 2 cords separately( piece 6), and apply them on each side of the waist center front
A successful completion! My sincere congratulations go out to you for working with me on the Sia Pattern. The experience hopefully went well for you. As you sew this pattern, I hope you feel the same joy I did when designing it! Let me see what you do! Show me your styling and fabric choices. Seeing all the creative work everyone is doing is really exciting for me!
Get in the DIY Spirit With Professional Sewing Patterns
Believe in your creativity and sew your own trends. With the right tools and a little bit of effort, you can create fabulous fashion items that are unique to you. So get creative and start sewing!
Take a look at our collection today and get artful!
A Free Pattern For You!
Make use of our complimentary off-shoulder top free pattern to try out our patterns. There is also a matching skirt free sewing pattern available that comes with a video sewing tutorial to make sewing easy.
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message