There's something about a pair of beat-up, edgy shorts that just screams cool. And when they're also comfortable and functional? Even better. That's why the streetwear mens shorts sewing pattern is perfect for any activity, whether you're hitting the gym or the trails, or just want to relax in style. With four pockets for plenty of storage, you'll be able to take your essentials with you wherever you go. So don't settle for boring activewear - step up your style game with our streetwear shorts. You won't regret it.
- drawstring waist for a just-right fit
- loose fit
- patch pocket
Sewing Pattern Overview
As cozy as they look! These Mens Drop Crotch Pants Sewing Pattern have a comfy set of pockets, and a loose fit around the hips and crotch making these the perfect pair of shorts for any size or shape, for any time of day, and for any activity.
The Edy shorts pattern is great for beginner sewing enthusiasts.
More Of What's Inside Our Shorts Pattern
- A printable PDF sewing pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Different sizes you can choose from
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
Sewing Your Perfect Size Shorts Pattern
We're ready to begin! Our sewing patterns include instructions that will make this a breeze to follow.
- Your EDY PDF Pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching thread
- 1.5 m cord for waist
- 80cm elastic - 5cm width
- 2 eyelets - 1cm width
- 2 cord ends
- Sewing machine
- 2.5 cm hem
- 0.7 cm seam
For the best results with your men's shorts, we recommend using a knit or french terry fabric. Knits are durable and have a bit of stretch, which makes them ideal for clothing that needs to move with you. French terry is also lightweight and breathable, making it a great choice for warm-weather garments. Plus, both fabrics are easy to care for and resist wrinkles, so your shorts will always look their best. So if you're looking for a fabric that will keep you comfortable and help you look your best, choose a knit or french terry. You won't be disappointed.
How much fabric do you need for your diy shorts? Fabric requirements Table
When choosing fabric for a sewing project, it's important to pay attention to the width of the material. The width will determine how much fabric you need to purchase, as well as how the design of the fabric will need to be adjusted to fit your project. For example, a fabric width of 140-150 cm is typically sufficient for most projects. However, if you use fabrics of different width and design (striped, plaid, etc. ), you will need to alter the placement of the patterns to make them fit your dimensions.
Check your contraction!
Anyone who has ever sewn a garment knows that fit is important. A garment that is too small will be uncomfortable to wear, and one that is too large will look sloppy. Making sure that the fabric you intend to cut shrinks before you sew can help ensure a perfect fit. Checking for contraction is easy: simply iron the raw material at its maximum recommended temperature. Doing so will cause the fabric to contract, giving you a better idea of how it will look once it is sewn into a garment. As a result, your finished garment will retain its sewn size after washing, and won't shrink. So before you start cutting, take a moment to iron your fabric and avoid any nasty surprises down the road.
How To Sew It
Sewing A High Waisted Shorts With Pockets - Instructions
- Sew the top with the bottom of the faces, good sides together. Overlock the seam and iron
- Sew the top with the bottom of the backs, good sides together. Overlock the seam and iron
- Press the seam allowance towards the top and fix it with a 0.5 cm topstitch
- Overlock the top seam allowance of the back pockets, bend and press the seam allowance according to the notches and fix it with a topstitch at 2 cm. Prepare the pockets by bending the edges inwards 1 cm and iron
- Apply the pockets on the backs according to the markings on the patterns
- Place the small face pocket on top of the large front pocket, good sides together and sew on the inside edge, from the top of the waist to the side
- Place the small bag over the front of the pants, good sides together, on the opening line of the pocket and sew. Turn the bag inwards, press and fix with a topstitch at 0.5 cm from the edge
- secure the front pockets on the top and sides with a topstitch at 0.5 cm
- Place the faces over the backs, good sides together and sew the side seams. Overlock and iron the seam
- Overlock the hem, bend and iron the seam allowance inwards, sew the hem with a topstitch at 2.3 cm from the edge
- Sew the center front seam. Overlock and iron. Sew a topstitch at 0.5 cm
- Repeat with the back
- Sew the inner seam, overlock and iron the seam
- Put the eyes on the waistband according to the marks on the pattern (if you don't have eyelets you can make 2 buttonholes). Iron the waistband in half, lengthwise and sew the short sides together.
- Sew the short ends of the elastic so that it makes a circle
- The elastic is inserted between the 2 halves of the waistband, the edges of the waistband are sewn together, always placing the elastic so that it does not twist or get caught in the seam.
- The edges of the waistband are sewn on the top edge of the pants; the waistband side seam matching the middle seam of the back and making sure that the part with the eyelets is placed over the front of the pants. Overlock and iron the seam
- Sew 2 topstitch on the waistband according to the markings on the pattern and insert the string
There you have it! Nice job! You turned your men sewing pattern into a high-quality fashion item
The Sewing Tutorial: A Video To Help You Understand
In case you find video tutorials more helpful, we have also recorded a sewing tutorial that you can follow along with. Our new sewing tutorial is designed to be easy to follow, with clear instructions and plenty of close-up shots. Plus, it's available on our Youtube channel, so you can watch it at your own pace and pause it if you need to.
Are you ready to see more?
There's something special about handmade clothes. They can be full of character and individuality and often carry a sentimental value that store-bought items can't match. For the most creative people in the world, sewing their own clothes is a way to express their personality and style. With a little bit of time and effort, there is no limit to what can be created!
At our shop, you'll find a dazzling array of stylish items, all made with high-quality sewing patterns. Whether you're looking for a new dress, a unique costume, or something else entirely, we're confident that you'll find it here. So why not take a look and see for yourself? We're sure you won't be disappointed!
Enjoy sewing a free pattern
You can find out if our styles are right for you by trying out our off shoulder free sewing pattern. It is ideal for all body types as it can be easily adapted to suit a variety of body types and styles. This makes it perfect for any occasion, be it casual or formal. In addition, you can also sew a free skirt tiered pattern
The patterns are simple to follow and with sewing tutorials and will guarantee a professional result.
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message