Are you looking for gifts for men who have everything? We recommend this men's button up shirt pattern that completes any men's wardrobe with a modern and trendy look. Get inspired and sew it yourself, adding a personal touch or call your favorite dressmaker.
- long sleeve
- button up
- casual shirt style
Liam Men's Button Up Shirt Sewing Pattern Overview
This button up shirt is the perfect blend of sporty and sleek. The sophisticated spread collar and laid-back long sleeves give you a polished look that can take you from the office to happy hour.
The Liam mens pattern is great for an medium skilled sewing enthusiast
More Of What's Inside Our Men's Long Sleeve Button Up Shirt Pattern
- A printable PDF sewing pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your pattern
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Different sizes you can choose from
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
How To Sew It
Sewing His Perfect Size Men's Button Up Shirt Pattern
Have you ever looked at a sewing project and thought to yourself, "I could never do that"? Well, I am here to tell you that you can! This project may look daunting, but I promise it is within your skill set. And even if you have never attempted a project like this before, I will walk you through every step so that you can succeed. Because trust me, the satisfaction you will feel when you complete this project will be well worth the effort. So go get your supplies and let's get started!
- Your Liam PDF pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching thread
- 10 buttons
- Sewing machine
- 1.5 cm hem
- 1 cm seams
natural or mixed woven fabrics, such as cotton poplin, linen
How much fabric do you need for your diy shirt?
We have included a chart below that shows how much fabric you will need for your size based on a width of 140 to 150 centimeters.
If the fabric is of a different width or design (striped, plaid, etc.) then you will need to adjust the pattern placement to make it fit the fabric you have.
Check your contraction!
The last thing you want is for all your hard work and effort to go to waste if your garment shrinks when you wash it. Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this problem!
Most fabrics have a heat recommendation printed on their care label or bolt. Test your fabric before cutting for contraction by ironing it at its maximum temperature recommendation.
How To Sew It
Sewing A Shirt - Instructions
- Sew the back yoke pieces and the top back together ( 4 + 5 + 4). Iron the seam and topstitch on the yoke at 0.5 cm
- Sew the soulders and the side seams of the top pieces (1+5). Iron the seam and overlock
- Sew the sides of middle front and middle back (2+6) Iron the seam and overlock
- Sew the sides of bottom front and bottom back ( 3+7). Iron the seam and overlock
- Sew the top parts with the middle parts (1+2). Iron the seam and overlock. Topstitch at 0.5 cm on the middle part
- Sew the middle parts with the bottom parts (2+3). Iron the seam and overlock. Topstitch at 0.5 cm on the middle part
- Create the button stands on the center front according to the marks on the pattern
- Apply the vent on the bottom sleeve (10+12)
- Sew the top part of the sleeve with the middle sleeve (8+9). Iron the seam and overlock. Topstitch at 0.5 cm on the middle part
- Sew the middle part of the sleeve with the bottom sleeve (9+10). Iron the seam and overlock. Topstitch at 0.5 cm on the middle part
- Apply interlining on the cuffs, collar and collar band pieces
- For the inner cuffs, bend inwards 1 cm of the top part seam allowance. The outer and inner cuffs are placed good sides together. Sew the edges and bottom. The seam allowance is cut narrow, the corners are cut obliquely, the cuffs are turned and ironed. The outer cuff is sewn at the bottom edge of the sleeve (good sides together). Sew a topstitch at 0.5 cm, including the inner cuff in the seam also
- Sew the 2 parts of the collar, placing them good sides together, leaving the edge of the grip open. Cut the seam allowance narrow and cut the corners obliquely. The collar is turned and ironed.Sew a topstitch at 0.5cm
- At the collar stand, bend inwards 1 cm and iron the seam allowance of the edge that is sewn with the neckline. The 2 parts of the collarstand are placed good sides together, the collar being placed between them and sewn together along the front and top edge of the collar stand. The seam allowance is cut narrow and then the collar stand is turned and ironed.
- The outer collar stand is sewn on the edge of the neckline, good sides together. The inner collar stand is hand stitched on the seam. Sew a topstitch at 0.5cm so that the inner collar stand is caught in the seam
- The sleeves are sewn in the armhole, taking care to meet the notches. Overlock and iron the seam. Topstitch at 0.5 cm on the chest part.
- Overlock the hem of the shirt. Bend the hem 1.5 cm inwards and sew at 1.3 cm. Iron the hem
- Sew the buttonholes on the left chest as well as the buttonholes on the cuffs, according to the markings. The size of the buttonholes depends on the size of the buttons used.
- The buttons are sewn according to the buttonholes on the right chest and on the opposite side of the buttonholes on the cuffs.
We Are A Company With A Heart-And A Needle.
At www.georgettepatterns.com, we've created plenty of options for people looking for the perfect digital pattern. We're pretty sure you'll find something in our webshop that fits your needs perfectly-and if not? Feel free to ask! You might just get it.
By trying our free pattern for an off-the-shoulder top, you can find out if we are a good match for your sewing projects. You can easily sew this top using the sewing digital pattern, video tutorial, and step-by-step instructions. We also have a tiered skirt free pattern if you want to make a matching boho outfit.
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message