If you're looking for a trendy hoodie sewing pattern and sweats set that can take you from watching tv on the couch to the corner cafe and back again, we've got just the thing for you. It's cozy, it's comfortable, it's got that effortless streetwear vibe, and it's all yours when you make it yourself using this handy PDF pattern!
Bailey Sweatpants & Hoodie Sewing Pattern Overview
The hoodie features a relaxed fit that's flattering on any body type. The sweatpants have a high rise, a side ankle slit and features a comfortable elastic waistband which makes them perfect for lounging around at home without feeling constricted. The oversized hoodie features long sleeves with banded cuffs.
The Bailey sweatpants & hoodie pattern is great for a beginner sewing enthusiast
More Of What's Inside Our Long Sleeve Hoodie Sewing Pattern + Sweatpants
- A Print at Home PDF sewing pattern (A4 and Letter size pattern)
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your pattern
- Assembling the pattern pieces
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Multiple size options from 2-14 US / 34-46 EU
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
*All files are compressed in the ZIP archive for easy downloading. All sizes have separate files, you only need to print the files that are relevant to you.
*no printed paper pattern version will be shipped to you. This is a digital download file.
Sewing Your Perfect Size
This loungewear set is more than just comfortable clothing-it's also an opportunity to flex your skills with your sewing machine! We've included clear instructions along with illustrations to help walk you through every step of the process. You'll be amazed at how simple and satisfying it is.
- Your sewing pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching thread
- 3 cm wide elastic for the waistband
- Sewing Machine
- 2.5 cm for hem
- 1 cm for the rest of the seams
There's nothing like a cozy sweatsuit for lounging around the house on a lazy day. And with so many delicious fabrics to choose from, it's easy to find the perfect material for your needs. A light weight or medium weight elastic knit fabric like stretch french terry and stretch velvet are ideal for lounge sets, as they're comfortable and breathable. If you're looking for a little more structure, ponte and interlock knit are perfect choices. And for a touch of luxury, why not try a cotton jersey fabric or spandex fabric? Even a sweatshirt fabric will do. Whichever fabric you choose, you're sure to enjoy snuggling up in your new lounge set!
How much fabric do you need for your DIY sweatsuit?
Depending on the material's width, you will need different amounts of fabric. Please check the table below for the size and amount of fabric required. The sizes are based on a width of 140-150cm. The placement of the pieces will need to be adjusted if the width or design of your fabric differs (think stripes, plaids, etc. ).
Check your contraction!
This is important! Check the contraction of the fabric before cutting. The best way to achieve this is to iron steam the raw material at its maximum temperature recommendation. By doing this, your finished garment will stay true to its sewn size and won't shrink after washing
How To Sew It
Sewing your own sweatsuit is a great way to get a custom fit and unique style. Follow these simple instructions and you'll be ready to rock your new outfit in no time!
Sewing the sweatshirt
- Overlock the sides and hems of the front and back bodice
- Pin the front and back bodice, right sides together and sew the shoulder seam, using a 1 cm seam allowance. Overlock the seam and press. fig 1
- Sew the side seams of the blouse, front and back - right sides together. Start from the underarm and stop at the vent notch. Press the seam open. fig 2
- Sew the hem of the side slit (turned 1 cm inwards), starting from the back up till the notch and down to the front hem line, on the other side. Iron the slit. fig 3
- Turn up the front and back hem 2.5 cm to the wrong side of the fabric. Press in place and sew at 2.4 cm.
- Sew the side seam of the sleeve. Press and overlock the seam. fig 4
- Pin the sleeve cap to the armhole, right sides together, taking care to meet the notches. Sew in place using a 1 cm seam allowance. Overlock and press the seam.
- Fold the cuff in half, widthwise, right side to right side, and then fold it again. sew the sides together. Turn over the cuff and press the cuff in half
- Sew the 2 raw edged of the cuff with the lower part of the sleeve, right sides together. Overlock and press the seam.
- Sew a buttonhole for the drawstring on the hoodie pieces, in the place indicated on the pattern. fig 5
- With wrong sides together, sew the hood pieces together on the curve using a 1 seam allowance. Trim the seam slightly, then press. Fold the fabric right side to right side and sew again at 1 cm (french seam). fig 6
- Overlock the center front edge of the hoodie. Turn up the hem to the wrong side of the work. Press in place and sew as close to the overlocked edge. fig 7
- Apply the hoodie on the blouse neckline, right sides together, taking care to meet the notches. Sew at 1 cm, press the seam and overlock.
- Topstitch the seam allowance on blouse neckline at 0.5 cm. Press. fig 8
Sewing the pants
- Overlock the hem and the sides of the front and back pants.
- Pin the sides of the front and back piece together, right side to right side, matching notches. Sew at 1 cm from the waist down, until the last notch. press the seam flat as it was sewn, then press the seam open. fig 9
- Sew the hem of the side slit (turned 1 cm inwards), starting from the back up till the notch and down to the front hem line, on the other side. Iron the slit. fig 10
- Sew the center front seam by pinning together the 2 back pant pieces, right side to right side, matching notches. Press the seam open and neaten the seam with a 3-thread serger stitch. fig 11
- Repeat step 4 with the back pieces.
- Pin and sew the inner leg seams taking care to meet the bottom of the crotch seam and knee notches, so there are no gaps.Open up the crotch seams when flat to stop the fabric becoming bulky. Iron the seams and overlock
- Turn the hem up 2.5cm to the wrong side of the pants. Pin in place and sew at 2.4 cm. fig 12
- Fold the waistband in half lengthwise and press it .
- Sew the short sides of the waistband together, right side to right side, at 1 cm. Press the seam open.
- Sew the two parts of the waistband on the waist of the pant, right side to right side, leaving 5 cm open to insert the elastic
- Cut a piece of non-roll elastic the length required to go around the waist comfortably (see the right measurement for your size in the fabric requirements table above)
- Pin one end of the elastic to the fabric just below the opening. Pin a safety pin to the other end and thread through the casing. fig 13
- Pull the two ends of the elastic together and machine to join in a square shape with an X for strength. Push the elastic into the casing and sew across the gap. Neaten the seam with a 3-thread serger stitch.
That's it, you're done! We hope our sweatpants and hoodie sewing pattern tutorial benefited you and the outcome of your hard work. We are so excited to see what you'll sew up next.
Our Video Sewing Tutorials Is Here To Help You!
Stuck on how to sew it?
That's okay - sewing can be hard. Luckily, we made this video to help! It's understandable that some people prefer to watch someone else perform it in front of them, so we made sure to have you covered. This sewing tutorial will walk you through every step of the process so you can feel confident in your ability to create an item worthy to wear. Watch the video on our YouTube channel!
We're All About Making Your Life Easier With Stylish Sewing Patterns
Trying to find just the right pattern can be challenging, so we tried to make your search as simple as possible. There are a number of patterns available at www.georgettepatterns.com that can help you complete your sewing projects with ease. You can browse through our categories for more inspiration.
Unlock a free pattern
Furthermore, you can download an off-the-shoulder top & a tiered skirt free pattern to test us out. We think you'll love it, so check it out today-it's the perfect project to get you started with our patterns and tutorials.
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via Etsy message.