Make a glittering, glamorous statement in this scene-stealing dress pattern featuring a V-neckline, 3/4 sleeves, and wrapping bodice! A fashion sewing inspiration piece for a spectacular aesthetic! Sew it and get that elegant yet fresh look.
How To Style And Wear Your Dress Pattern
- Pair your dress with nude or black heels and a clutch for a classic look.
- Wear your hair in loose waves or an updo to show off the pretty neckline.
- Add some sparkling earrings or a statement necklace to dress it up even more.
Sewing Pattern Overview
Walk the line between formal and fun in this dress pattern designed with fitted waist, with cord tying, that also tops a relaxed asymmetrical mini skirt to finish the look! This dazzler of a dress will light up the night.
For beginners interested in sewing, the Brianna Dress Pattern is a great choice
More Of What's Inside Our Pattern
- A printable PDF sewing pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your pattern
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Different sizes you can choose from
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
Sewing Your Perfect Size Pattern
Easy sewing is one of the best things about this pattern. Easy-to-follow instructions make it simple to assemble. And the finished product will look amazing – sure to catch the eye when you wear it out.
It's time to dive in!
- Your sewing pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching thread
- Reinforcement tape
- Interlining for facings
- Thin drawstring for waist
- 1 snap staple
- Sewing machine
- 1 cm seam
elastic lightweight or medium weight fabrics, such as elastic velvet, thick lycra, Lame, etc
How much fabric do you need for your diy dress?
It is generally recommended to use fabrics with a width of 140 to 150 cm in the following specifications. There are times when pattern placement needs to be adjusted due to different fabric widths or design (striped, plaid, etc.). Plan ahead and purchase enough fabric to avoid last-minute shopping trips.
Check your contraction!
Washing your fabric is the first step in preparing it for cutting. This way, you will remove any excess color as well as pre-shrinking the fabric. Thus, once your garment has been sewn, you will not experience downsizing due to fabric's contraction
How to Sew It
Sewing A Dress - Instructions
Since our material has a metallic film on its face, we cut it on the back of it. The product will have reverse asymmetry if you cut on the face of the material. Therefore, be careful!
- Apply interlining on the facings
- Apply the reinforcement tape on the shoulder line at the back piece and on the cut of the armholes on the front and back. As the dress is not lined, in order to have a beautiful interior, put a thin reinforcing thread on the face of the fabric (0.6 cm) so that after sewing it is not visible on the front or on the interior of the dress.
- Gather the front shoulders so that they are as big as the shoulders of the back piece
- sew the shoulders, good sides together, overlock the seam and iron
- Sew the facings, good sides together, then overlock the outer side
- Place the facings on the dress neckline, good sides together) and sew from one end to the other, taking care to match the notches. Sew a flattening stitch on the good side of the facings, including the seam allowance in the seam. Trim narrow the seam allowance at the back so that the seam will stay nicely around the neck.
- Turn the facings towards the inside of the dress and lightly press the seam
- Sew a topstitch to fix the facing on the shoulder line
- Sew the side seams and overlock the seam allowance.
- Sew the sleeves on the side seam, overlock the seam allowance
- Sew the sleeves in the armhole taking care to match the notches then overlock the seam allowance and iron
- Join the 2 pieces of cord on the short side then bend the cord in half on the long side, facing inwards and sew the cord lengthwise and at one end, cut the corners of the spares, turn the cord on the face and close the free end
- Sew the snap button on the places indicated on the pattern
- Sew 2 pieces of string , 1 on the inside seam around the waist and one in the corner of the center front piece that goes inside.
There you have it! Our work on the Briana Dress Pattern has been a pleasure. It is my faith that you get a kick out of it.
The process of creating my designs and being able to share them with others is what I enjoy most. It is truly rewarding to know that my patterns can help people create beautiful things.
I'm looking forward to seeing how you interpret this pattern! I would like to see what you used and how you styled it.
Hit Refresh On Your Wardrobe With Modern Sewing Patterns!
The best part of Sewing is that you can make whatever you want! Whether you're looking for a unique gift, or something special for yourself, handmade clothing is always in style.
We have a wide variety of women's, men's, and children's patterns to choose from. And, we're always adding new patterns so that you can keep your wardrobe fresh and stylish.
And, if you need any help along the way, our friendly and knowledgeable customer service team is always happy to assist you.
Get a free sewing pattern
Your satisfaction is our top priority. This is why we're giving away a free pattern for an off-shoulder top. By downloading our free pattern, you can decide if our patterns are a match for your taste
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message