Get ready for the upcoming events with this bell sleeve dress pattern. Effortless and timeless, This dress pattern is the perfect example of how to add a touch of fun and femininity to the classic LBD. The mini length, fluttering batwing sleeves and slim-fit silhouette give it an occasion-ready appeal that's perfect for your next event.
It's not just for parties, though-this dress can be worn on any occasion that calls for sweet sophistication.
- Mini length
- Round neckline
- Dramatic bell sleeve pattern
- Long Sleeve
- Boxy bodice shape
How To Style And Wear A Dress Pattern With Bell Sleeves
This voluminous bell sleeve dress pattern is the perfect foundation for a myriad of looks. For a party-ready outfit, pair it with heels and statement earrings. For casual get-togethers, rock it with sneakers or sandals and a jean jacket. Either way, you'll be sure to turn heads.
Complement the look with a choker for a Halloween outfit or a pair of pumpkin earrings for Thanksgiving.
Ivy Bell Sleeve Dress Sewing Pattern Overview
This dress with bell sleeves pattern is a versatile and stylish addition to your wardrobe. It features voluminous bell sleeves, a mini length and a boxy bodice shape that makes it perfect for a variety of occasions.
All our patterns include step-by-step instructions and illustrations to help you sew your dress with ease.
The Ivy Sewing Pattern is an easy sew, great for even beginners sewing enthusiasts.
More Of What's Inside Our Wide Sleeve Dress Pattern
- A printable PDF sewing pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your pattern
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- A wide range of sizes offered, accommodating from 2-14 in the US / 34-46 in the EU
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
Sewing Your Perfect Size Pattern
The ease of sewing is one of the best features of this pattern. A simple assembly process is made even easier by easy-to-follow instructions. It will look stunning when you wear it - sure to turn heads.
Here's how we'll begin!
- Your IVY PDF pattern
- Preferred fabric
- Color matching thread
- interlining for facing
- 1 hidden zipper 50 cm long
- Sewing machine
- 1 cm seam
- 3 cm hem
Suggested Fabrics: medium weight fabrics
A medium-weight woven fabric with 2-3% elasticity is the perfect fabric choice for your dress. This type of fabric is perfect for dresses because it's lightweight and breathable, yet still has enough structure to provide a flattering fit. Plus, the added elasticity will ensure that your dress moves with you, instead of bunching up or feeling uncomfortable.
How much fabric do you need for your diy dress?
It is recommended that fabrics with a width between 140 cm and 150 cm be used, since this width is the basis for the measurements below. The placement of patterns may need to be adjusted due to variations in fabric width or design (striped, plaid, etc.). It is a good idea to buy enough fabric upfront so that you do not have to make last-minute purchases.
Check your contraction!
Washing your fabric before cutting plays a crucial role in the success of any sewing project. Not only does it allow for shrinkage beforehand, but it also eliminates any excess color . As a result, the fabric will no longer contract when you are cutting it, which prevents downsizing.
How To Sew It
Sewing A Dress - Instructions
I'm so excited to share how to make a bell sleeve dress from the Ivy Pattern! Definitely a beginner's friendly pattern, it's fun and easy.
Here we go!
- Sew the bust darts using a straight stitch and press the darts down
- Overlock the center back pieces and sew them from the notch that indicates the length of the zipper to the bottom of the hem. Press the seam open.
- Apply a strip of fusible interlining tape on the wrong side of both center back seam allowances to match the zipper placement.
- Pin the zipper in place on the left side of the garment, right sides together. Undo the zipper and sew using a concealed zipper foot.
- Zip up the zipper. Pin the other side of the zipper in place on the right side. Undo the zipper and sew in place using a concealed zipper foot. Press the zipper seam gently.
- Sew the shoulder seam, placing the front and back pieces together, right side to right side. Press the seam open and overlock.
- Apply interlining on the facings of the front and back neckline, sew the facings on the shoulder line, press the seams open and overlock the bottom edge of the facing
- Sew the facing on the dress neckline, right sides together, matching the notches. Catch the back facing in the center back with the zipper. Sew a flattening stitch at 0.1 cm on the side of the facing so that the seam allowance is included in the seam. Cut the seam allowance narrow, turn and press the facing inwards.
- Sew the side seams, right side to right side, using a 1 cm seam allowance. Press the seam open and overlock the seam allowance
- Overlock the hem of the dress
- Turn the hem up 3 cm to the wrong side and sew at 2.8 cm by machine or by hand, sewing a hidden hem stitch. Press the hem
- Sew the ruffle pieces to the sleeve pattern pieces, right side to right side, matching the notches. Overlock the seam and press the seam towards the sleeve.
- Sew the side seam of the sleeve, right sides together, using a 1 cm seam allowance. Press the seam open and overlock.
- Overlock the bottom edges of the ruffles
- Turn the ruffle hem up 1 cm to the wrong side and sew at 0.8 cm. Press the hem
- The sleeve cap is sewn in the armhole, taking care to match the notches on the sleeves with those on the armhole. Overlock the seam and press the seam.
The end! My congratulations go out to you - besides creating something unique, you also improved your sewing skills to the point of becoming a seasoned pro :) Bravo - hats off!
Home to All The Easy, On-Trend Sewing Patterns You Need
We're confident that you'll love our easy-to-follow, on-trend sewing patterns. At Georgette Patterns, we believe that everyone should have access to beautiful, well-crafted sewing patterns. That's why we offer a wide range of sizes, styles and difficulty levels to choose from. And if you ever need help, our friendly customer service team is always here to lend a hand.
Get A Free Pattern
You can expect a high level of customer satisfaction with your purchase from us. Therefore, we are offering a free pattern for an off-shoulder top or a tiered skirt. In this way, you can evaluate our patterns before making a purchase.
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message