Sew your way to style this season with the split leg pants pattern! These versatile pants can be sewn for a chic office look or a stylish evening outfit. They are comfortable and unique, making them the perfect choice for any occasion. With a wide-leg silhouette, you'll be able to show off your favorite shoes while staying comfortable all day long. Whether you're looking for a new workwear staple or a trendy piece for your wardrobe, the split leg pants pattern is the perfect choice. So grab your needles and get sewing!
- wide leg pants style
- high waistline
- side slits
How To Style And Wear Your Side Split Leg Pants Pattern
Side slit pants are a great way to add a little bit of edge to your outfit. They can be dressed up or down, depending on how you style them. Here are some tips on how to wear your side slit pants pattern:
- Pair them with a crop top (show off those abs) or fitted tank for a night out. Add heels and statement jewelry to complete the look.
- Wear them with a loose blouse and flats for a more casual daytime look.
- For a beachy vibe, pair your side slit pants with a bikini top and sandals. Add a straw hat and sunglasses for extra sun protection.
So, there you have it! Three different ways to style your side slit pants pattern. Get creative and have fun experimenting with different looks.
Anne Split Leg Pants Sewing Pattern Overview
With this side split pants pattern, you can create a versatile and stylish look for any occasion. Made from a comfortable fabric, these pants are a great choice for busy days when you need something that looks great and feels even better. So don't miss out - grab this pattern and start sewing your own pants today!
The Anne side split wide leg pant pattern is great for an medium-skilled sewing enthusiast
More Of What's Inside Our Pattern
- A Print at Home PDF sewing pattern (A4 and Letter size pattern)
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your puffed sleeve dress pattern
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Different sizes on offer (from 2-14 US / 34-46 EU)
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
*All files are compressed in the ZIP archive for easy downloading. All sizes have separate files, you only need to print the files that are relevant to you.
Get started sewing right away with our instant-download sewing patterns! Please do not expect to receive a paper pattern.
Sewing Your Perfect Size Pants Pattern
Is there anything more satisfying than sewing your own clothes? Not only do you get to choose the fabric and style, but you also get a sense of accomplishment that comes with wearing something you made yourself. And while sewing can seem daunting at first, we're here to show you that anyone can do it! With a little patience and practice, you'll be churning out beautiful garments in no time.
But before we get started, let's gather our supplies.
- Interlining for waistband and fly
- 18 cm zipper
- 2 cm hem
- 1 cm
There are a variety of fabrics that you can use for your jeans pattern. Denim is a classic choice, but you can also another medium weight woven fabric such as twill or canvas. If you want a more relaxed look, you can try using a chambray or linen fabric. If you want a dressier look, you can try using a wool or cotton blend. Whatever woven fabric you choose, make sure it is suitable for trousers so that your jeans will have a good fit.
How much fabric do you need for your DIY wide leg trousers?
Below are the estimated fabric requirements for each size, but please note that they are calculated for fabrics with a useful width of 140-150 cm.
Fabrics of different widths and designs (striped, plaid, etc.) will require you to redo the placement of the patterns so they align with your fabric dimensions.
Check your contraction!
Check whether the chosen fabric has contractions before cutting. It is advisable to steam the fabric, otherwise, the final product may not match the sewn dimensions and won't shrink after the first washing.
It's best to buy 5% more fabric than the pattern calls for, to ensure you have enough fabric. This way, your garment will still fit properly despite any errors that may occur.
Sewing A High Waisted Split Leg Jeans Pattern - Instructions
Don't be nervous about getting started! We'll show you every aspect of the process and make sure you have everything you need to begin. You'll be sewing like a professional in no time!
- Apply interlining on the waistband and flys
- Place the large pocket bag and the small pocket bag, bad sides together, and sew at 0.5 cm from the waist to the side. Turn and iron the edge, sew a topstitch at 0.5 cm, so that the seam allowance of the bags is inside the stitch (french seam).
- Place the small pocket bag on the front of the pants, good sides together, and sew the pocket opening. Cut narrow the seam allowance, turn the pocket bag inwards and sew a topstitch at 0.5 cm on the front of the pants, catching the pocket bag as well. Secure the pocket with a topstitch at 0.5 cm on the waist and sides. Repeat the operations on the other side of the pants and the related pocket bags.
- Sew the center back seam. Overlock and iron
- Overlock the 2 center fronts separately
- Sew the center front seam from the zipper notch to the crotch. Iron the seam open
- Apply the zipper
- On the sides of the slits from the front and back pants, make a double hem turned 0.5 cm inwards and iron
- The front slits are bent inwards on the bending line marked on the pattern and ironed
- Place the front pants over the back of the pants, good sides together, and sew from the waist to the slit, catching the top of the 2 slits, the back one below the front one. Overlock and iron.
- Topstitch the edge of the front split (like a hem) catching also the oblique top part
- Sew the inner seam of the pants, overlock the seam allowance, and iron to one side
- Overlock the hems, bend the reserve 2 cm inwards and sew the hem with a topstitch at 1.8 cm from the bottom
- Place the front waistband over the back waistband, good sides together, and sew the side seams, taking care to apply left and a right front waistband to each back waistband piece. Iron the seams open. At the waistband that will be on the inside of the pants, the bottom is overlocked
- Sew the top and the sides of the 2 waistband piece, good sides together. Cut narrow the seam allowance and the corners obliquely, turn them over and iron
- the outer waistband sewn on the upper edge of the pants, and the seam allowance is ironed towards the inside of the waistband. The inner waistband is fastened in needles on the fastening seam. Sew a topstitch on the front waistband at 0.2 cm being careful to catch the inner waistband as well
- A buttonhole is sewn according to the marking on the right end of the corset and a button on the left end.
Sewing Patterns: The Newest Trend in Fashion
If you're looking to add some new sewing patterns to your wardrobe, look no further than the latest trend in fashion: sewing patterns. There are so many different options to choose from, and you can create a variety of looks with just a few simple patterns. Once you get the hang of it, you can start experiment with more complicated patterns and create looks that are truly unique.
Test out our patterns! Here's a free off-the-shoulder top or a tiered skirt you can download and use to make your dream clothes. Once you see how easy this is, you'll wonder why anyone would pay for clothes when they can make them themselves.
We hope you enjoyed reading our guide. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for taking the time to read through our guide. We appreciate your feedback and hope you found it helpful. Thank you again for reading and we hope you have a great day!
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message