The looks you can create with this amazing slip dress pattern! This gorgeous versatile pattern is just perfect when you want to look super glam for your event.
The good news is that this pattern will let you put your best foot forward without worrying about whether or not your outfit will work with your body type. This pattern works for everyone! And because this dress looks so elegant yet simple, it will never go out of style.
Slipdress Pattern - Product Highlights
- Slip dress with v-neckline style
- Long full length
- Twist front
- V-neck Style
- Spaghetti shoulder straps
- Open back
- Side Slit
- Back zip fastening
- No lining
Sandra Slip Dress Sewing Pattern Overview
This listing is for a slip dress pattern that will make you feel like a movie star as you glide down the red carpet in an ultra-feminine style.
*This is a digital pattern for sewing that you'll be able to download within minutes after purchase and start sewing right away. No paper pattern will be shipped to you.
Our Sandra satin dress with spaghetti strap pattern for a slip dress is great for an medium skilled sewing enthusiast.
More Of What's Inside Our Long Slip Dress Pattern
- A printable PDF sewing pattern format (You will need Adobe Reader on your computer to open the PDF files)
- Measurement sheet and size chart
- Step-by-step guide on how to cut and sew your puffed sleeve dress pattern
- Assembling the pattern piece
- Step by Step Instructions with Illustrations
- Many size options to pick from 2-14 (US) / 34-46 (EU)
- A4 and Letter format for printing at home
- A0 for printing at the copy center on A0 paper rolls
- Projector files for projecting the patterns directly onto the fabric using the home projector
*All files are compressed in the ZIP archive for easy downloading. All sizes have separate files, you only need to print the files that are relevant to you.
A Silk Slip Dress Sewing Pattern
The slip dress is a classic style that never goes out of style. It's comfortable, sexy, and versatile. This particular version of the slip dress features spaghetti straps, an open back design, a twist front panel and a v-neckline. The full length skirt will make you feel like you're wearing nothing at all while still looking amazing!
We've included easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions on how to create the Olivia jumpsuit yourself, so read on!
- Your Sandra Slip Dress PDF Pattern
- Preffered fabric
- Color matching thread
- Sewing machine
- Reinforcement tape
- 1 hideen zipper
- 1 hook and eye
- 2 pairs of bra rings and sliders strap adjusters
- 1 cm seam
- 1 cm hem
Suggested fabrics: lightweight fabrics
When choosing fabric for this pattern, be sure to choose a lightweight woven fabric like satin and silk fabric.. For example, our sample was made of satin. We think also viscose could work beautifully
How much fabric do you need for your diy slip dress?
As you're about to cut out your pattern pieces, please take a moment to check the contraction of your chosen fabric. Simply iron steam the fabric at its highest temperature recommended on its label. Doing so, your finished garment will remain true to its sewn size and won't shrink after first washing
Sewing A Slip Dress - Instructions
It’s time to start putting together your slipdress. To help, we’ve broken down the process into a few steps with concise instructions and illustrations for each one.
Let’s get to work!
- apply reinforcement tape on the egde of the top front and back pieces (the parts without the seam allowance)
- Overlock the center front of the skirt parte and the front waist V
- Take the left front and sew the V starting from the notch till the side. Iron the seam open
- Take the right front and pass it through the little hole from the left front recently made.
- Sew the waist line on the right front from the notch till the side. Iron the seam open
- Sew the center front skirt seam, from the top until the notch. Iron the seam open
- Fold 1 cm inwards the slit hem and sew at 0.8 cm, starting from bottom right until bottom left. Iron the slit hem
- Overlock the sides of the front pieces
- Overlock the center backs and the side backs
- Sew the back seam, by placing together the 2 back pieces, face to face, starting from the zipper notch till the hem. Iron the seam open
- Apply the zipper on the center back
- Sew the side seam of the dress, by placing the front and back face to face. Iron the seam open
- Turn 1 cm inwards the dress hem and sew at 0.8 cm. Iron the seam
- Prepare the bias tapes
- Sew the little bias tape on the edge of the center front sides
- Sew the long tape on the back and front edge, starting from the center back, going front and continue, making the strap also.
- Cut some leftovers from the strap, fold it in 2, insert the bra ring and sew the ends on the back, on the place indicated on the pattern.
- Place the sliders strap adjusters on the long strap, go through the bra ring and back, and fix it with a little seam
- Handstitch the hook and eye on the center back, on top of the zipper
- Take the 2 top center fronts and sew them together, face to face, 3-4 cm. iron the seam open
Done! You did it! You've just completed your very own custom-made silk slip dress. We hope you enjoyed the tutorial and that you feel confident to try other sewing projects.
Let's Make It Fun With A Sewing Tutorial
Get Creative With More Sewing Patterns.
Sewing is more than just a hobby. It's a way to make something beautiful for yourself, a way to give the people you love something special, and a way to create something that no one else will have. And that's why we invite you to explore our full catalog of sewing patterns and other related items today! Our webshop is a great place to start to get some inspiration for your next sewing project.
Unlock Some Free Goodies
We've also created a free sewing pattern and tutorial for an off-the-shoulder top that's perfect for any occasion and a skirt pattern for a boho matching outfit. All you need is some beautiful fabric and your trusty sewing machine. We think you'll love what we've made and the way it will get you started with patterns and tutorials here at Georgette Patterns.
This digital pattern is for personal use only. No part of the pattern can be shared, reproduced, or resold in any format. Thank you so much!
**Due to the electronic nature of this pattern, refunds and exchanges are not accepted. If you have problems or questions, feel free to contact me via message